Friday, April 1, 2011

3rd Trimester

I am happy to announce the FINAL COUNTDOWN to baby boy Slabbert's arrival. :-) I have finally reached the last few months and I'm so excited as I look forward to seeing his sweet face.


I've had a pretty good 2nd trimester. I haven't been too uncomfortable. No pregnancy issues or concerns. Doctor's appointments went well and he is certainly growing. He is most likely settled in the birthing position by now, which is head down. He can always turn, but the doctor said it will be very noticeable if it happens at this point. Let's pray it stays! I constantly feel kicks near my ribs on the right side. The other night, I felt a knee or heel on the palm of my hand, and he quickly moved it away. I have definitely felt a little butt and I'm glad to know it wasn't his head that I pushed down out of my rib cage. Sorry baby.


The body pillow has been a life-saver. For all you new and growing mommies, you need to get one. Johannes hates it - I mean, absolutely hates it. I cannot go to bed without one.


There have been a lot of changes in mindset since my first pregnancy. Things that seemed so important to me have not crossed my mind. "Will I be ready? What happens next? When is this baby coming?" I now know the answers are... no, anything, and at some point! I find that in my first pregnancy, I was mostly focused on the pregnancy itself, with little thought to the afterwards. I found myself completely unprepared for breastfeeding issues, adjustment in the house, and wished I had read those life-saving books earlier, such as BabyWise and Happiest Baby on the Block. I remember spending my time reading the pregnancy week-to-week books, being very worried if I missed taking my vitamins, worried if I ate the wrong things, worried at every sign, symptom, and movement... and lack thereof sometimes.


I have to sadly admit that I have not touched a pregnancy week-to-week book since the first trimester... I consume several things that you first-timers might scream about... I think I took my vitamins last night... but it might have been the night before.. or Monday? I'm not totally sure. Sometimes I forget I'm pregnant and find myself on the ground before I realize it. A little off-balance these days. :-)


Let me tell you what my mind has been on:


1. Lord, please don't let Vivienne feel left out when I'm in the hospital.


2. Two day care expenses at one time - oh my word.


3. Please God, don't let me have two in diapers.


4. Summer maternity leave = summer vacations... finally!!!!


5. What in the world are we going to name this child????


6. Where am I going to put stuff? My house is getting cramped!!!


Things have changed. I think before, I would have passed out if the baby came before 37 weeks. Now my arms are open and my heart is ready if he wanted to arrive today. Let's not do that, baby boy. You still need a name and some time to gain weight! But just know that your mommy can handle it.


And the big event itself... you all know from previous posts where my heart is in regards to delivery. As mentioned, I have given this to the Lord, and I'm giving Him complete control of my mind and heart. Yes, I want to deliver him as God intended women to deliver babies... but I am so thankful that God has given us great docs who recognized the signs and symptoms of danger and need for immediate delivery. In about 4-6 weeks, I will be assessed and recommended to Winston, or they will keep my c-section date which has already been scheduled. I have a great support system medically and personally. I have no doubt that the right decision will be made and complete awareness that things can change no matter which path is chosen for me at that time. I am already praying now for peace later. I think peace is something that can expire quickly. Though I'm at peace now, I have no idea how it will be in those final moments. I need your prayers. I do not want to be laying strapped on that table, screaming inside. If I have to be on that table, I want to be excited, not nervous... I want to be fully aware of the outcome of this pregnancy, and not the procedure itself.


Finally, I want to give some praise to whom it's due:


1. Thank you Lord for a healthy baby.


2. Thank you Lord that you have given us this child.


3. Thank you Lord for your peace.


4. Thank you Lord for working out a maternity leave replacement so that I can have some help the last month and be worry-free the time that I'm out.


5. Thank you Lord for the things we have been given, loaned, and handed down.


6. Thank you Lord for Vivienne's sweet demeanor throughout this pregnancy.


7. Thank you Lord for tolerance and grace through the two stomach viruses, croup, bronchitis, ear infections, and surgery (includes family) this winter.


8. Thank you Lord for my support system in regards to delivery wishes.


9. Thank you Lord for a husband who has always gone above and beyond to help with Vivienne.


10. Thank you Lord for my heritage so that we can instruct our children in Your ways.


Hope to update again later with news of a new doctor, or a scheduled birth date. No matter what, I'll have something to write about, for sure. :-)


And something fun... here's the crib (ours is in a cherry finish which is a bit darker):


1 comment:

  1. so excited for you! just to let you know if you do end up with a repeat c section... they are sooo much easier to handle physically and mentally the second time around! i even healed faster than my first time... so excited to see your new little man!!
    arron

    ReplyDelete