Friday, May 27, 2011

Week 46, I mean 36

Hitting week 36 has not been as fun as it was with Viv. "Fun", meaning the final countdown, anticipation of going into labor at any moment, and getting all those last minute things ready. I was looking forward to 36 hitting on this Memorial Day weekend so that I could do all these things with a day off in between, but, ugh...

I developed a UTI yesterday and have just been miserable. I decided to take off work in the afternoon and I went out to my car and literally could not come back in. It hurt so bad to sit upright that I just e-mailed from my blackberry that I'm taking off, but not driving out of the parking lot. I called Dr. Dorn and they said I wouldn't make it to High Point before they closed for the day, so I got my family physician in Boone to fit me in. They confirmed the UTI and started me on antibiotics. Thank the Lord for that, seriously. I was debating on going in, but I guess the baby laying on my bladder was causing so much pain, and then they said if it turned into a kidney infection, that means hospitilization for any prego. Gah, no thanks. Got to get this knocked out before anything "real" happens.

I finished out the Twilight books this week. :) Ahhh... those books were so good, and YES better than the movies! I thoroughly enjoyed spending my last trimester reading that series. I can't believe I read 4 huge books in that amount of time, though. That gives you an idea to how good they are.

Last night, when I couldn't sleep because of the constant ups and downs to the bathroom, I decided to finish out one of the VBAC books I started before Twilight (I've read several now). It's really good. I went to the index and found a section on "Posterior Babies" and read all about the labors and difficulties attributing to the posterior baby position in labor, and what you can do to try and shift them around beforehand. Their main suggestion was to get on all fours and stay there while the baby is moving. Well, as I was reading that, he was fluttering away so I tried it. I shifted my hips back and forth too, to encourage any kind of big movement. This morning I woke up to his hiccups really prominent from the outside. I wonder if it worked??? Normally, I feel them down deep, meaning his back to my back. It's so hard to tell though. I don't know how docs can feel around and point out exactly where they're at. I feel for the two hard lumps, which are supposed to be the butt and the head, but I'm not finding anything. The only thing really prominent to me is a little leg or arm, but they say it's so hard to tell between the two.

Well, this weekend the plans are to pack the hospital/baby bag, install the infant car seat base, pack Vivienne's overnight bag, and put together the changing dresser we ordered last week. My brother and his wife and kids are coming to visit (yay) - first time hosting them at my home. I am still aggravated about wanting to scrub the fan blades in our house, so I imagine the bladder infection hasn't gotten in the way of my nesting instincts. I've gotta fit that in at some point.

On Tuesday when we come back to work, my temp replacement begins training with me. She'll be here officially until I return to work in September. I need to make it one week and I'll be okay to leave work. I just want to make sure she is oriented really well first. There is so much to be done and gone over.

I'll update again in the next two weeks. My 37 week appointment (next one) will be a week from Wednesday. I don't think anything telling will happen there. This doc doesn't like to check the cervix unless requested by the patient. I'm okay with it. However, I would really like to know his positioning. That is on my mind about every minute of every day! I wish I had a mobile u/s machine!!!

OH, and we have a pool going on at work. Whoever guesses the right due date could receive my exercise ball, since it's apparently very popular around here. You should see people when they sit on it. hehehe. Anyways, they are also guessing weight and no one has predicted under 9lb 2oz so far, and only one thinks I'll go past my due date. My prediction is June 14th (a very special day to me, and also Flag Day, as Vivienne was born on St. Patty's Day). I'm guessing he'll weigh 9lb 8oz no matter when he comes. That weight is stuck in my mind. I can't imagine 9 8 at 2 weeks early though. Sheesh. I really need to have him between June 9th and 15th. June 15th is the next full-moon. June 9th is when my mom is done teaching for the summer and is free to come. Also, my Ashe county parents leave for the beach on the 15th. I really want them to be here - mainly to help with Vivienne should my parents need a day to get down.

Alrighty. Over and out, readers.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going with 8lbs 9oz. Just to be different. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome, Jeremy. I will take 8 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete