Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Biggie

Hmph.

Lord, I need some patience, peace, trust, endurance!

Yesterday was my 33/34 week appointment. No weight gain in 4 weeks now - which is great since I cannot stop thinking about those Almond Joy bite sized candies and cheesecake(thank you BFF who is supposed to inhibit, not encourage). BP was 102/60.

My uterus however... oh uterus. I'm measuring 36/37 weeks. This is not the same post like last time - that post was all about baby measurements. This is my UTERUS! Well, a 10 pound baby sounds more feasible with every appointment.

The doctor in Wilkes (they are still seeing me for convenience) has started the weekly appointments. They are going to do the Group B Strep test next week and also check my cervix since I have been having a lot of contractions this past week. At one point, I was timing every 10 minute for 2 hours. I didn't feel it was labor, so I didn't call. I really don't want bed rest right now!!

I honestly believe there will be no changes - no signs of imminency. It just means that I have to pay more money to go to more appointments or figure out a way around it, which is aggravating.

Plan A: Call the doc office and delay the appointment due to being "out of town". I am technically out of town every day since I travel to Boone for work.
Plan B: Go ahead and start the High Point appointments. At least he doesn't see us for every 3 weeks. I'm already scheduled to see him at 37. I guess I could schedule 35 with him and get things going.
Plan C: Stick with convenience and go to the next 2 appointments down in Wilkes.

I don't think they'll fall for Plan A. They were adamant about it yesterday.

Dr. Polidoro said I needed to go ahead and pack my hospital bag and install the car seat. I think it's a little premature, but it did make me grimace. I'm not worried about having this baby early as much as I worry about being ready to go, then waiting waiting waiting and nothing happening. It was the longest trimester with Vivienne. I have purposely avoided giving out my due date and I took off the baby tracker from Facebook. :( Just for my own sanity. Ha. I also stopped going up to the cafeteria for lunch (that's where I receive the most comments/questions and looks of shock when I tell them I'm not due until the end of next month) and I stay in the back of devotions each morning. Am I a fuddy-dud??? I'm starting to wonder.

I do love being pregnant and I'm so thankful. I'm just ready to get the show on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment